Friday, March 31, 2006

Random Radio Rant

I'm free associating here... it's been two weeks since my last post... kinda sounds like the beginning to a confessional of the technical age... and I'm not even Catholic... anywho.

Trying to come up with a topic... the peanut is neither a pea, nor a nut... discuss.

Seriously, I'm drawing a blank. I had all these great thoughts while on my hour long commute, but now, here with my computer... nothing.

Wait, Im visualizing my drive... Why can't DJs just play music, read the traffic report, weather report, play music, play commercials, and play more music? Why do they all think they are the next Don & Mike, or Bob & Tom, or Rick Dees? Disc Jockeys, commence with the jockeying of Discs! ...or mp3s, or 8-tracks, or cassettes, really any media with something between Aerosmith and ZZTop will do. Just stop talking! If it is talk radio, I suppose you are allowed to talk, but get to the point already.

Keep it swinging.

1 comment:

ROBOTIMMS said...

For some reason I thought that I was reading Killer's blog, but it lacked a certain negativity. Then I realized how random these thoughts were and I bothered to read the title thus ending my confusion.
Basically the radio sucks, big time. You're right all these jokers wanna be heard and none of them are funny at all. Meaningless talk, bad jokes, zero personality, the golden age of radio is dead. If you want to blame Howard Stern for anything, blame him for all of the wanna-bes out there now.