Saturday, May 13, 2006

Sports hereos? or Compensated endorsers?

This is the random thought that dropped from brain today, actually I've wasted several minutes on countless occasions pondering this.

Isn't it funny that one generation's Pitcher is the next generation's Pitch man? For example, I'll freely admit that it wasn't until I joined a baseball card club as a child that I realized that Joe DiMaggio was more than just Mr. Coffee. And then there was that popular fellow from the Moneystore, Phil Rezutto (btw, in my world, right at this moment, there are no point deductions for spelling errors). Who could have known that he ever played baseball? Is it possible that one day one of my boys will be dumbfounded and say: "Dad, did you know that Michael Jordan played basketball before he started selling Hanes underwear with that guy who has been in a movie with everyone? "

I could probably go on and on for like dozens of minutes, but could great actors have had previous lives in sports? I mean Merlin Olson didn't do anything prior to being Father Murphy, right?


Right?

1 comment:

The Bass Player's Wife said...

What? You mean he had a gig before the FTD commercials? No way!

Next you'll be telling us that Paul McCartney had a group before Wings.